Friday, July 18, 2008

My Open Letter to Jay Onrait

The following is my open letter to TSN personality Jay Onrait. Here's his bio. Although, I suggest you avoid it, lest you see his goofy smirk that will make you cringe as if you were watching a bicycle accident.

Dear Mr. Jay Onrait,

It's no surprise that you normally fill the late night slot for Sportscentre, it certainly has the least audience viewing - either that, or the people watching at that time are too tired to care who does their sports announcing, because quite honestly, Mr. Onrait, you are the worst announcer on SC.

Lately though, Mr. Onrait, you have been gracing more and more daytime slots on SC. Now normally, I turn on TSN to catch SC and the previous day's scoreboard when I get up in the morning and make myself some delightful breakfast. The last thing I want to hear when I get up is your shrieking voice spouting off poorly executed, or at best, plain-old bad jokes. This infuriates me. How can I possibly start my day like this? It eats away at me and I struggle to get my groove back before I get to work.

I am quite surprised that while watching SC about a week ago, there was a Jay Onrait *ahem* "Fan Club" at the Jays game. Either a) this is a joke and they are mocking you, or b) these people are totally out of touch with reality. I'm going to go with option a.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this letter, please read it on the air, so that all may hear how terrible you really are. It also means a lot to me that you, yourself, understand how awful you are. Stay out of my television.

Thank you and good day to you sir.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had the misfortune of being the spokesperson for the corp I worked for back in 2000 in Winnipeg when Onrait was with A-Channel news. The guy was an arrogant tool. You could tell he was just doing his time in the Prairies before moving to the big smoke. He used to walk into Earl's like he owned the place. Small time goomba.